Avocado toast, the ultimate easy, yet indulgent breakfast!
We’ve jazzed up the basic avo toast with an egg fried in spicy, intense Harissa Infused Olive Oil and a sweet drizzle of our Traditional Balsamic Vinegar.
- 1 slice of your favorite rustic bread
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup sprouts (sunflower or broccoli) or arugula
- 1 Tablespoon Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Harissa Infused Olive Oil
- 1 fresh egg
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For drizzling – Rocky Mountain Olive Oil 18-Year Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- Toast the slice of bread and place on your serving plate.
- Remove the avocado pit, and scoop out the avocado, smashing it and spreading it on the toast.
- Top the toast with the sprouts of arugula.
- In a small pan, add the Harissa Olive Oil and warm over medium heat. Once hot, crack the egg into the pan, careful to not break the yoke (although if you do, we won’t tell).
- Fry the egg until the outside becomes all white and the yolk begins to slightly firm up.
- Slide the egg on top of the toast and top with sprinkles of the chia seeds, sea salt and black pepper. Finish by drizzling on the Traditional Balsamic Vinegar (and/or additional Harissa Olive Oil for extra spice).
Alterations: To mix up this recipe, try using a different flavor of olive oil or balsamic, add fresh tomato slices, fresh herbs or anything else your heart desires!