- 3 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour or King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten-Free Flour
- 2 teaspoons of instant yeast or active dry yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Mandarin Orange Infused Olive Oil
- ¾ cup water plus a bit more as needed
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, washed and chopped
- ¼ cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Herbes de Provence Infused Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Cranberry Pear White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Zesty Italian Seasoning
In a food processor, add the flour, yeast and salt. Turn on the machine and stream in the olive oil and then ¾ cup of water. Once the water is added, keep the food processor on for about 30 more seconds, until the mixture foams a ball and is slightly sticky to the touch. If after 30 seconds the dough has not formed a ball, add more water 1 Tablespoon at a time until dough ball is formed.
Turn the dough onto a floured work surface. Sprinkle the rosemary on top and knead it into the dough by hand until feels smooth.
Place the dough in a large bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
When the dough has risen, “knock it down” by punching out the air and reshaping it into a round ball. Line a separate bowl with a floured kitchen towel and place the dough ball into it, seam side up. Cover and let rise for another 1 to 2 hours until puffy.
When your dough is almost fully risen, preheat your oven to 435 degrees F. Place a cast iron skillet or other ovenproof skillet on the lowest rack of the oven (you’ll be adding water to this later for steam). Place your backing stone or parchment lined baking sheet on the rack above the skillet to preheat.
When the dough is puffy, heat up a cup of water (for the steam). Turn out the dough, dust the top lightly with flour and add a slash to the top to give it room to rise in the oven.
Slide the loaf onto the baking stone and then very carefully pour one cup of the hot water into the skillet and close the oven door immediately. This method will create lots of steam to support the rise and chewy crust of the bread.
Bake the bread for 45 to 50 minutes until crust is golden brown and bottom sounds hollow when tapped. Cool the bread on a cooling rack completely before enjoying.
For an incredible snack, mix Herbes de Provence Olive Oil, Cranberry Pear Balsamic, and our Zesty Italian Seasoning in a shallow bowl and whisk to combine. Slice the bread into thick slices, pull into chunks and dip into the vinaigrette.