cuisineThe success of this ceviche is predicated on the quality and freshness of the fish, as well as the specific olive oil you use. Beyond being mindful about these two factors, this is an exceedingly easy dish to dazzle your seafood loving guests with.
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Serrano Honey Specialty Vinegar or Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup of Ultra Premium Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Extra Virgin Olive Oil or any of these spicy infused oils: Baklouti Green Chili Infused Olive Oil, Chipotle Infused Olive Oil, Cayenne Chili Pepper Fused Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 finely diced seeded, jalapeno (optional)
- 2 medium firm ripe tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1 large avocado, finely diced (optional)
- 1 pound raw, super fresh Rock Cod, Bay Shrimp, Scallops, Sea Bass, Striped Bass, Grouper, Lingcod, Snapper, etc. cut in to small uniform pieces
- sea salt to taste
Combine the olive oil, vinegar, lime juice and sea salt. Whisk to combine. Add in the other ingredients including the fish and stir to combine well. Marinate covered in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Serve. The longer you allow this to sit, the more the fish will begin to "cook" in the acid of the lime juice and fall apart. Ideally, you want to mix this and serve it straight away. However, if you do let it sit, it will still be edible but the fish will break up.
Serves 6 as an appetizer