For the Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Red Apple Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- ¼ cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Roasted Walnut Oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 6 cups of torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced into small wedges
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
Wash and prep all the veggies. Finely chopping the shallot, slice the tomatoes, red onion and chop the celery and cucumber.
To make the vinaigrette, in a medium bowl combine the Red Apple Dark Balsamic Vinegar and shallot and let stand for 15 minutes. After resting, add the mustard, honey, salt and ground pepper into the bowl and whisk to combine. Then, whisk the mixture while slowly streaming in the walnut oil in a steady stream. Whisk until all the oil is added and the mixture is thickened. Cover and chill while preparing the salad
In a large salad bowl, combine the washed greens, tomatoes, onion, celery, cucumber, walnuts and dried fruit. Whisk the vinaigrette one more time to make sure it is emulsified and then poor over the salad mixture. Toss gently to coat the ingredients in the dressing.
Serve immediately, or make ahead and add the vinaigrette right before serving.