- 2 Tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Butter Infused Olive Oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or King Arthur Gluten-free Measure for Measure Flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar for drizzling
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Pour 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil into a 9-inch loaf pan. Then, with a square of paper towel, generously rub the oil onto the bottom and sides of the loaf pan so it is well greased.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder and salt. Set the mixture aside.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the mashed ripe bananas, eggs, olive oil and vanilla extract.
Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and chopped nuts and then transfer the batter into the greased baking pan.
Bake the bread for 45 minutes, then loosely tent it with foil and continue baking it an additional 10 to 15 minutes until a toothpick or fork comes out clean when inserted. Tenting with foil will make sure that the bread is cooked completely through while ensuring the crust doesn’t get too tough.
Remove the banana bread from the oven and set it aside to cool completely. To serve, add a generous amount of butter (or olive oil!) to your slice and drizzle with Vanilla Balsamic for extra sweetness.