PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOK TIME: 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 35 MINS
- 3 Tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Tuscan Herb Infused Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Neapolitan Herb Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup chopped red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 20 oz. fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or feta cheese. We recommend the Welsh Rabbit parmesan.
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small bowl, whisk together Tuscan Herb Oil, Neapolitan Herb Balsamic, and salt and pepper until well combined. Set aside.
Remove stems from mushrooms, chop stems. Use spoon or sharp knife to scrape gills from caps, discard the gills. Brush 1 Tablespoon of the vinegarette onto the rounded sides of the mushroom caps. Place the rounded sides down into a foil-lined pan.
Heat the remaining vinaigrette in a large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add chopped steams, peppers, and garlic. Cook and stir 2 mins. Add spinach then cover. Simmer mixture on medium-low heat for 4 mins, or until spinach is wilted (try stirring mixture after 2 mins to allow all the spinach a chance to wilt).
Spoon the spinach mixture over the mushroom caps and top with cheese.
Bake 18-20 mins, or until mushrooms are tender.